Many people face the problem of the appearance of warts on the skin.
Neoplasms do not look aesthetically pleasing and can cause physical discomfort, and therefore they are most often removed.
You can get rid of growths on your own with the help of special remedies for warts, presented on the pharmaceutical market by a huge assortment.
Which drug is the most effective? Let's try to figure it out.
What is it
A wart is a growth on the skin or mucous membrane caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
The infection, hitting the skin, penetrates the cells, modifies them, and causes accelerated growth and division. As a result, neoplasms are formed from these cells.
Usually, warts are benign, but the likelihood of malignant degeneration cannot be completely ruled out.
Very rarely, growths become the onset of cancer.
Reasons for the appearance
In total, there are more than 100 types of HPV that cause the growth of various types of neoplasms.
A common infection is transmitted through household contact and sexually.
Symptoms of infection do not appear immediately: with normal immunity, the virus exists hidden in the body.
If the immune system is weakened, the growth of the neoplasm begins.
Warts can be triggered by:
- severe acute and long-term chronic diseases;
- hormonal changes and endocrine diseases;
- long-term use of medications that suppress the immune system (immunosuppressants, hormones, antibiotics);
- physical exhaustion;
- constant nervous breakdowns;
Warts are classified into several types depending on the structure, shape and location.
- Ordinary (vulgar).Rounded dry nodules with a rough surface appear mainly on the fingers and hands, but can affect the skin on other parts of the body.
- Plantar.Horny, dense structures form on the foot and are severely painful. They are a subspecies of vulgar warts. Factors contributing to the growth of neoplasms on the sole are increased sweating of the feet, poor hygiene, and wearing tight, uncomfortable shoes.
- Flat (youthful).Rounded structures of a pink, flesh-colored or yellowish shade with a smooth surface practically do not protrude above the surface of the skin. They appear mainly in children and adolescents on the arms, face, back, chest. Often occur in places of skin damage.
- Filiform (acrochords).Elongated outgrowths on a thin stalk affect areas of the skin near the eyelids, nose, lips. They can appear on the neck, in the skin folds, under the armpits.
- Genital warts.Soft elongated growths of white, pink or red color are formed on the mucous membranes of the male and female genital organs. Transmitted mainly sexually.
- Age-related keratomas.Loose structures of gray, dark brown or black color appear in people over 40. The development of neoplasms is not caused by infection, but by age-related changes in the skin.
How to get rid of
Removal of warts is carried out in various ways.
At home, folk recipes will help get rid of the wart.
Most often, herbal or other agents with cauterizing and antiviral properties are used. This:
- celandine juice, rowan, sour apples;
- wormwood decoction;
- garlic and onions;
- vinegar essence;
- tea tree oil.
If within a month treatment with folk remedies has not yielded results, you can try to remove the wart with one of the pharmacological drugs or consult a doctor.
In the clinic, the growth can be removed with a laser or radio wave method, cryodestruction or electrocoagulation, surgical excision.
What remedies for warts does the pharmacy offer?
In pharmacies, preparations for warts are presented in a wide range.
Medicines for external use are produced by various pharmaceutical companies, differ in composition and mechanism of action.
According to the action, the means intended for the removal of growths are divided into 4 groups:
- necrotizing- cauterize tissue neoplasm, cause death;
- refrigerants- cause the tissue growth to die off by freezing;
- keratolytic- soften and promote the rejection of pathological tissues;
- antiviral- inhibit the development of HPV in the focus of infection (that is, in the tissues of the build-up), thereby contributing to the reduction, and then the disappearance of the wart.
It is impossible to say unequivocally which remedy for neoplasms is the best.
Any drug can help in one case, and not work at all in another.
It is better that the doctor prescribes the medicine, taking into account the contraindications and the individual characteristics of the patient.
Cauterizing solution for external use based on phenol and tricresol. Causes coagulation (coagulation) of the protein, which leads to tissue death.
Used to remove:
- warts (common, filiform, plantar);
- genital warts on the skin;
- dry calluses.
The drug must not be used to remove warts located between the fingers, mucous membranes and areas of the skin with increased sweating.
Destruction of moles and treatment of children under 7 years old, simultaneous treatment of skin areas with a total area of over 20 sq. see. If you are allergic to the constituent components, the agent is also not used.
- The drug is applied to filamentous warts and growths less than 2 mm in size once.
- Larger structures, senile keratomas and dry calluses are lubricated 3-4 times with interruptions to dry the applied solution.
Before removing plantar warts, steam the skin and remove the keratinized tissue, then lubricate the growth 7-10 times.
If necessary, the treatment is repeated after a week. The maximum course is 5 sessions.
Salicylic and lactic acid solution
The solution contains salicylic and lactic acid, polidocanol.
- It has a pronounced keratolytic, weak antimicrobial and local anesthetic effect.
- Softens keratinized tissue build-up, promotes their rejection. It is used to remove warts, dry calluses, genital warts.
- Liquid treatment of warts is carried out 1-2 times a day. The course of treatment lasts no longer than a week.
- It takes 3-4 days to get rid of corns.
- The drug is not suitable for removing moles, treating children under one year old and people with hypersensitivity to salicylic acid.
Creams and ointments
A remedy for warts based on synthetic interferon suppresses the activity of HPV and activates the production of its own protective protein in the body.
- Vitamin E and peach oil, which are part of the preparation, reduce inflammation in the treated tissues and accelerate the regeneration of healthy cells.
- An ointment is applied 2 to 4 times a day, and a complete cure will take from 5 days to a month, depending on the problem.
Ointment with oxolin has an antiviral effect, suppressing the activity of HPV in the focus of infection.
It is applied three times a day for 1-2 months.
Plaster with salicylic acid and sulfur in the composition for removing warts, dry calluses and corns.
The product softens keratinized tissues and promotes their rejection, has an antiseptic effect and dries the skin.
- A piece of plaster (cut to fit the growth) is glued to the neoplasm for 1-2 days.
- After the plaster is removed, the skin is steamed, the softened tissue is removed.
- The procedure is repeated until complete recovery.
A drug that helps to get rid of ordinary and plantar growths by freezing pathological tissues.
It is completed with 12 applicators for the convenience and precision of the performed manipulations.
For the removal of plantar warts on the feet, it is recommended to use the Cryopharma foot remedy.
- After freezing, a blister forms at the site of the neoplasm, which disappears 10-14 days after treatment.
- To remove a large build-up, the treatment should be repeated one more, maximum two times, with a two-week break between treatments.
- The drug is not used to remove warts in children under 4 years of age, pregnant women with diabetes mellitus.
Lapis pencil is an anti-warts drug based on silver nitrate, which has a cauterizing and antimicrobial effect.
Treatment of neoplasms is carried out every 10 days for a month.
Castor oil is effective in removing warts from the skin.
- It belongs to the mild remedies, acts mildly and does not cause side effects.
- The liquid is rubbed into the problem area every day for a month.
In traditional medicine, castor oil has other indications, and its use for warts can be attributed, rather, to folk recipes.
For the successful removal of the wart and preventing its re-growth, it is necessary to take medications inside. Applicable:
- antiviral agents- suppress the activity of HPV;
- immunostimulating drugs- activate the immune system.
The tablets act in a complex way, both on the virus and on the immune system.
Remedies for warts and papillomas: what are the effective drugs in the pharmacy, the best alternative methods
Warts appear on the skin against the background of the human papillomavirus. These are quite unpleasant neoplasms that bring physical and psychological discomfort.
That is why it is necessary to timely treat neoplasms using appropriate means.
Assortment of medicines
According to their effect, drugs can be antiviral and immunomodulatory.The action of the first group of drugs is aimed at fighting viruses, and the second - at strengthening the immune system, which contributes to the body's independent fight against neoplasms.
To combat warts, you can use traditional medicines, which are not only effective, but also safe. That is why their use is allowed for various categories of patients.
In most cases, the application is carried out:
- Celandine. To eliminate growths, it is recommended to lubricate them with celandine juice until they disappear completely. You can get rid of neoplasms with celandine within a few days.
- Magnesia. The powder of this drug is taken and taken orally. Drinking the medicine is recommended with plenty of water. The procedure is performed daily.
- Apples. A slice of apple is taken and used to rub the growths. After that, the apple is tied with a thread and buried in the ground.
- Garlic. Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half. The place of the cut must be rubbed against the warts.
- Acetic acid.
- Luke. A medium-sized onion should be soaked in vinegar for the whole day. In the evening, she is applied to the neoplasm. It is not recommended to remove the device within 10 hours.
Despite the safety of traditional medicines, it is recommended to consult a doctor before using them, which will exclude the possibility of undesirable effects.
Features of choice
To ensure the most effective treatment of growths, it is necessary to choose the right means. If the neoplasm is small, then the treatment can be carried out with creams, ointments, gels, alkaline solutions.
For medium-sized growths, the use of oil, plaster, or medical pencils is recommended.
With excessively large growths, it is necessary to give preference to cryopreparations and solutions.
To ensure rational treatment of growths of various sizes, oral pills are recommended. When choosing a medicine, the individual characteristics of the patient's body must be taken into account.
In order to avoid the occurrence of growths, it is necessary to carry out their prevention in a timely manner. If wounds or cuts appear on the skin, then they must be treated with iodine. People are required to strictly follow the rules of personal hygiene.
In order to strengthen the immune system and eliminate the cause of the disease, it is recommended to take immunomodulators.
Warts are a rather unpleasant neoplasm that can be treated with medication. For their treatment, traditional medicines or folk remedies can be used, which are selected individually.
Remedy for warts in the pharmacy - a list of effective drugs to remove
Human papillomavirus (HPV) causes warts on the body. It is activated during stress, decreased immunity and other provoking factors. To eliminate growths of different etiology, a variety of drugs are used.
For example, a remedy for warts is sold in the pharmacy in the form of a liquid that effectively removes plantar corns.
To freeze papillomas on the hands, it is better to use special aerosol cans for painless removal of warts at home.
What are warts
Benign growths on the skin and mucous membranes that result from HPV infection are called warts. They come in different sizes from 1 to 15 mm, localization and type.
Fusion of several growths is possible, forming large tumors of a hemispherical or conical shape. At first, papillomas do not differ in color from the skin, but over time, the neoplasms become brown or even black.
Treatment with purchased remedies for warts in a pharmacy is best done in a comprehensive manner:
- outward- to remove neoplasms;
- systemic antiviral- for the destruction of HPV;
- systemic immunomodulatory- to enhance immunity.
Remedy for papillomas in the pharmacy
Unfortunately, not all therapies for skin papillomas and warts give 100% results. There is always a chance that after a while after the disappearance of the neoplasms, they will grow again. For this reason, it is advisable to start treating warts and papillomas with medications that can be purchased at the pharmacy.
If they do not help, then only move on to more aggressive and expensive procedures (laser, cryodestruction, and others). Or immediately start with the most effective, safe and modern cryo-drugs, the use of which will give a guaranteed result without the likelihood of relapse in the future.
You can find pills for papillomas and warts in a pharmacy, which should be taken as part of a complex therapy. Getting rid of the virus from the inside will help:
- An immunomodulatory drug with a nonspecific antiviral effect. Take the tablets after meals with water. The daily dose for children from 3 years old, weighing 15 kg and adults is 50 mg / kg of body weight. The average duration of treatment is 5 to 14 days. Contraindications to taking the drug are children under 3 years of age, chronic renal failure, gout, arrhythmia, urolithiasis, hypersensitivity to the components.
- Homeopathic medicine based on crushed oyster shells. To remove papillomas, this remedy should be used in a dosage recommended by a homeopath. With self-treatment, allergic reactions may appear in the form of a rash, urticaria, and focal redness.
The most popular remedy for removing papillomas at the pharmacy is an ointment. It should be borne in mind that these funds involve long-term use to achieve any visible effect - sometimes up to several months.
Ointments for warts, although effective, but their dense composition causes inconvenience: they are absorbed for a long time, leave marks on clothes. More convenient are creams and gels for treating skin growths.
They are absorbed faster without losing their effectiveness. At the same time, a quick cure for warts when using this dosage form is also most often impossible.
Acid for warts
Among the pharmacy products that are dispensed without a doctor's prescription, drugs containing acid are effective. They have a cauterizing effect on papillomas and warts. However, they have serious disadvantages, such as the appearance of chemical burns and visible scars on the skin.
Preparation for freezing warts
A few years ago, cryodestruction was performed exclusively in specialized medical centers. Today, freezing of skin growths can be done at home. For self-removal of warts by cryodestruction, a modern drug is most often used.
The principle of action is based on quick and painless freezing of warts together with roots. It is applied once - within two weeks after a point application of the drug, the wart disappears, leaving no scars or scars on the skin.
In addition to high efficiency, the safety of the drug and the absence of any side effects (allergic reactions, chemical burns, dermatitis, etc. ) can be noted. One bottle can remove 12 warts.
Solution for warts
A liquid medicine for warts is also on sale in a pharmacy. The solution not only cauterizes the papilloma, but also coagulates its proteins, preventing relapse.
For the chemical removal of skin growths, there are special fluids.
Many people prefer to buy a remedy for warts on their hands in the pharmacy in the form of drops. Processing with this form of release is very convenient and does not take much time.
The best remedy for warts and papillomas
It is difficult to choose the best among all the remedies for warts sold in the pharmacy, since they affect all people in different ways.
Nevertheless, there are innovative and versatile tools that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, demonstrate pronounced effectiveness from one application. Currently, the most effective and versatile remedy for warts is aerosol.
Its action is based on the most modern cryodestruction method today.
The procedure for removing a wart at home will take about a minute - after applying the drug, the wart painlessly "freezes" and disappears on its own within a few days. The aerosol treats warts in one application, without causing allergic reactions and without leaving scars or scars on the skin.
Wart remedy: the best
The use of cauterizing drugs is not entirely safe. There is a completely different direction for the destruction of warts, namely, with the help of ultra-low temperatures. Usually liquid nitrogen is used for this.
No preparation is required, you can do everything yourself, since there is no special technique of movements for this. Instant freezing of warts immediately relieves pain, or, in extreme cases, only causes a feeling of slight discomfort.
The cold instantly coagulates the vessels, and therefore bleeding does not occur with such methods of removal. If liquid nitrogen is applied correctly, then cryodestruction does not cause the development of scar tissue. What modern drugs are sold in pharmacies for removing warts using extreme cold?
Typically, the duration of cooling varies depending on the size of the wart. In the case of small formations, this is 10 seconds, in the case of plantar formations, which are covered with a thick layer of keratinized epidermis, the exposure time can be up to 40 seconds.
Most often, one time is enough. If the wart is old, or has too keratinized surface, then two, or even three sessions of cryotherapy may be needed. In the event that after 3 sessions the wart has not been removed, then a specialist consultation is necessary.
However, if you already have warts, don't despair. There are many ways that are sure to help you get warts out once and for all. You just need to check what kind of growths are - benign or malignant. A dermatologist and other doctors will help with this.
There are several groups of topical drugs that help get rid of warts: topical retinoids, antiviral, keratolytic (exfoliating), cytotoxic, emollients, and herbal remedies.
Drugs from this group affect the cause of the disease - infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). Some ointments lead to the death of viral particles, while others activate the immune response.
Keratolytics exfoliate dead skin cells. Their long-term use allows you to eliminate the build-up.
- Local retinoids are able to stop the growth of epithelial cells, and also have an exfoliating effect.
- Emollients speed up skin healing.
Cryotherapy at home
In humans, there are 9 types of manifestations of the papilloma virus:
- Skin warts or papillomas. The most common type of papilloma, and the most easily removed.
- Papillomas are simple or another name is vulgar. The second most widespread (manifestation) type of papilloma. Very similar to moles. However, such papillomas most often grow on thin "legs". Such "legs" bring great discomfort to a person, clinging to clothes, getting damaged and bleeding.
- Papillomas that form only on the soles are plantar. The most painful known papillomas. As the name suggests, they form on the soles of the feet and bring great discomfort while walking.
- Papillomas are flat (more often formed in children). Such papillomas practically do not stick out and do not have "legs", hence the name - "flat". They do not bring discomfort and are mostly invisible.
- Filamentous papillomas or scientific name - acrochords. These neoplasms appear in people over 35 years old. In people over 50, they are found in 90%. This is because with age, immunity decreases and many diseases make themselves felt.
- Papillomas that form on the mucous membranes in the mouth - Beck's disease. Such growths form on the cheeks and tongue. They look like small sores that most often appear in clusters.
- Epidermodysplasia wart (one of the most dangerous, neoplasms can degenerate into malignant tumors). It is very important for the owners of such papillomas to protect themselves from the sun until the growths are completely destroyed.
- Sexually transmitted papillomas - genital candidiasis. They can be located near the genital tract, forming large growths. However, they can be very small, hiding in the genital tract (on the cervix) and urinary tract.