The appearance of warts on the body for life found almost every person. The failure of immunity or the emergence of a new virus in the body provoke the occurrence of these benign lesions of the skin. In recent years, the science began to distinguish some kinds of warts at risk, as they are caused by oncogenic viruses. Therefore it is necessary carefully to make a diagnosis and in case of doubt, seek the advice of a dermatologist.
A wide range of treatment options warts which can be carried out at home and in the beauty salon, makes it easy to cure almost any neoplasm of this type.
What it is
Warts are small, the formation of skin that is usually caused by human papilloma virus (HPV). These formations are benign, but require treatment. If left untreated warts they can take all of the great locations on the body surface. You should be able to distinguish safe warts from other entities, such as melanoma is a skin cancer. Warts need to be able to distinguish from calluses and moles. There are several varieties of warts that have the appearance of differences between them.
What warts appear
Warts are caused by a virus that can be easily purchased via the common goods, public places or walk barefoot. These places include the pool, the public bath. According to various sources, carriers of these viruses are up to half and more per cent of the population. Particularly easy warts appear in the presence of skin lesions. When excessive sweating hands and feet the probability to become infected in a public place becomes greater.
Under normal handshake also is likely to acquire the virus. Not worth it to use someone else's personal hygiene items and personal belongings. In addition, the virus is transmitted sexually and through contaminated tools, for example, in the beauty salon.
The virus which causes warts, can be in the human body for a long time, up to six months without causing build-up. It is in incubation status and waiting for suitable conditions. With the weakening of immunity, the virus aktiviziruyutsya, and warts appear.
Differences from other entities
Unlike warts, moles soft to the touch and usually dark or black. Warts are tough, bright colors, and looks like a wart.
Corn is dead skin cells, resulting after peeling, you can see fresh delicate skin. It will be healthy. If it is a wart, it will hurt when pressed, and in the case of exfoliation under her layer of skin, which is clearly visible traces of hemorrhage.
Melanoma is the deadliest in a series of skin diseases. It can be distinguished by color and shape. The inhomogeneous red and black hues, the sprawl and the uneven edges associated with melanoma. If such or similar kind of education should immediately consult a dermatologist.
Types of warts
There are several basic types of warts that can be safely removed by a beautician and a dermatologist. They do not carry risk other than the inconvenience of a cosmetic defect.
These types of warts:
- ordinary (simple);
- Junior (flat);
- the plantar (Palmar);
- filiform (acrochordus);
- genital (warts);
Usually located on the surfaces of the hands and feet, fingers on the back side. Usually have a size of from 1 to 10 mm, may disappear spontaneously or after treatment. This type of warts may appear as single or multiple formations on the skin. Color usually yellowish-gray, the surface rough and heavy. One appeared the wart may then increase to a few to form extensive plaques. They can cause pain when you walk, if you are on the surface of the feet.
This files most often occur in children and adolescents. They are slightly raised above the skin surface, have a smooth surface and irregular shape. Usually are close to cuts, scrapes and abrasions. Have a size of about 1-5 mm.
Plantar or Palmar warts
The most painful, interfere with walking, and often similar to normal corn. They are both flat, and protruding above the surface of the skin. Shipica — that is how calls this type.
Acrochordus, or filiform warts
This is the formation of large and elongated. They are located most often on the face, neck and underarms. When removed, they often grow again and almost never disappear. Filiform warts often grow outwards, increasing its volume and width.
Genital warts (condyloma)
Considered venericheskie determined. Love to sit at the entrance of the vagina and the anus, labia and penis, in the mouth. They look like a pink rounded education that grow and may eventually occupy a large surface. It may interfere during sexual intercourse and bowel movement and cause pain. They can also facilitate the emergence of other infectious diseases. Infection occurs through sexual contact, especially when there are injuries and micro traumas of the skin.
Usually occur closer to middle age. They are smooth, rounded, with well-rounded edges. First, usually have a light pink or Nude color, eventually becoming dark brown. Located on the chest, neck, arms. Their size ranges from 2 millimeters to several centimeters.
Other types of warts
Some other types of warts today, classified in a separate list, as they are able to regenerate in malignant education. They include papilloma of the bladder, cervix, larynx, and others. Treatment should be addressed immediately, and carried out by a qualified specialist.
How to get rid of warts
Warts tend to increase in size and number, bring not only a cosmetic issue, but the discomfort and even pain. Therefore, the appearance of the first wart is to attend to its rapid removal.
Modern medicine has extensive combinations of removing warts. Often patients also turn to traditional methods have become herbs.
A wide variety of drugs will help to quickly and easily get rid of the growths in the skin by the means of local action. Different tools for different types of warts:
- plantar warts – remedies with salicylic acid;
- flat warts – means of ammonium with mercury and trichloroacetic acid;
- warts – funds podophyllotoxin.
The first basic group of tools for combating warts based on active exfoliating action of dead cells (keratolytic).
There are tools based on the use of herbs such as celandine. He was for many years used in folk medicine as a means of destroying the skin.
The second group of tools is based on the local necrotizing effect of the action, i.e. destruction of damaged cells. This tool is applied in place of the skin that covered the wart, resulting in destroyed infected tissue along with living inside the virus.
Funds on the basis of active necrotizing and exfoliating steps should be applied strictly on the affected skin. Healthy areas can be damaged in case of accidental application of paint.
Cream with the active substance interferon, which helps the body to fight viruses. It should be used for a long time, up to one month.
Modern treatment methods also provide for the destruction of warts using the latest developments. You should know that often in cooperation with external operative removal of tumors is the administration of drugs-immunomodulators which help to weaken and defeat the virus from the inside.
- Cryotherapy quick freeze allows you to deal with the warts quickly and without problems. The area of skin treated and in the ensuing weeks, the wart dies. It is affected by liquid nitrogen. This method has advantages in the form of contactless impact (no probability of subsequent infectious complications and inflammation), but there was a problem with the depth of processing. When there is an error in the calculation of the depth of the impact may cause scars on the skin. Or, conversely, insufficient depth of exposure, and in this case, the wart will not be destroyed finally and possible relapse.
- Laser removal will help you easily get rid of warts while visiting a cosmetic salon. The laser has a bactericidal effect that will protect from possible infections. After laser treatment the surrounding tissue remains healthy and intact, as the laser beam has high accuracy. The advantages of the laser method in that it is painless and after treatment no scars are left. In the process of removing warts are not bleeding occurs and does not occur suppuration later.
- Surgical removal is performed surgically. This method usually removes large and extensive education. The disadvantage of this method is the residual scars, the possibility of bleeding and infections if sterile tools are not sufficiently processed. Also stored relative likelihood of HPV in the blood.
- Electrocoagulation is another variant of surgical removal of warts. In this method the wart is put on a metal loop, through which current is passed and the wart is removed. The method is good for surface of the wart with shallow roots.
- Radiosurgery is an alternative way of removing warts. This method is local anesthesia, and a special radio device generates waves that destroy the tumor. Plus the method in beskonechnosti and security, but it is only suitable for warts small sizes.
How get rid of a wart at home
Often, the decision to withdraw the wart at home. You should know that it is not necessary to do this if the wart is on the exposed surface of the skin on the face, fingers. At home wart can win, but there is a possibility of residual scar or burn the skin, which will create an additional cosmetic problem. In addition, there are cases when after incomplete destruction of one of the warts, the virus aktiviziruyutsya, and there are a few new warts.
The most popular means for home removing warts are: celandine, garlic, aloe juice, lemon and acetic acid. The recipes are many and varied, it is necessary to highlight the traditional and effective ways.
- Rubbing the wart daily, aloe, celandine, cabbage, lemon and dandelion milk several times a day until complete disappearance.
- Applying to the wart one drop of acetic acid daily. There is also the option of applying the mixture of flour and acetic acid which, after drying, must be closed with an adhesive plaster or bandage for 12 hours.
- Treatment with garlic – pure juice, or juice mixed with flour. Also use the attachment halves of garlic cloves. Garlic will show the effect not sooner than 10 days, but the positive factor will be no scar after the treatment.
- Treatment with iodine, rubbing the wart repeatedly to complete its drying and disappearance.
The pros and cons of treatment options
The breadth of possible treatment options warts allows you to choose the most secure, convenient and simple ways. The easiest way to a home show warts at a very early stage, when they are grown and not occupied large spaces in the skin. Otherwise, you should consult a dermatologist or beauty salon where professionals will be able to cope with the complex case.
Optimal methods of treatment is to recognize those who should not bear the risk of the spread of the virus or the emergence of new infections (non-contact). Among them, laser therapy, cryotherapy and others.
Ways that will not create scars in places of removal of papillomas will also be a priority. It is necessary to abandon old-fashioned ways with the use of acetic and other acids that burn the tissue and can damage the healthy surrounding skin cells to leave scars. Also do not try to manually cut out the warts at home. This can lead to the spread of infection and the emergence of new problems, will definitely leave scars on the skin for life.
To cure warts at home the best choice will be drugs that do not produce harmful damaging effects to the skin. Among them, interferon preparations, juices of plants, herbs and others.
The warts can be contagious. They are caused by the human papilloma virus that can be transmitted by household and sexually. You should observe the principles of personal hygiene, not using common objects or personal belongings of another person.
Warts are tumors caused by viruses. These viruses infected a fairly large percentage of the population. But not always the virus causes the development of warts. The immune status plays an important role in the occurrence of disease and recurrence. The strengthening of the General immunity will contribute to protection of the appearance of the formations on the skin.
A large number of funds for the destruction of warts will help you to choose the best solution and quickly to cope with this cosmetic defect.