Any rash or growths in the neck area, as well as on the face, are always annoying. Moreover, such as benign tumors.
The first thing that papillomas on the body say is that the body has HPV - the human papillomavirus. This infection is quite insidious, for many years it can be in a dormant state, and manifest itself with any weakening of health, immune or hormonal surge.
The risk of developing papillomatosis on the neck
The causes of papillomas on the neck are also a consequence of HPV activity. Sometimes their growth begins with mild itching, burning, irritation of the skin, and later small bubbles appear, increasing in size, in other cases the process is asymptomatic. There are both single and multiple growths. Color, shape and size depend on the type of virus.
More often formed on the neck:
- flat papillomas- barely rise above the skin, resemble clearly limited rounded swellings of light brown or grayish color, accompanied by tingling, itching, prone to overgrowth;
- filamentary or hanging- have a thin base, size from 1 to 5 mm, are of the same color as the skin or slightly darker than it, similar in shape to moles or short threads.
From time to time it is possible to increase the number of papillomas or dry out the existing ones.
In women, such neoplasms are more common, several factors and features play a role here:
- thinner sensitive skin, which is easily injured by jewelry, fasteners;
- hobby for cosmetic procedures, use of inadequate quality care products;
- physiological and endocrine changes, the use of hormone-containing drugs.
Any growths on open parts of the body cause aesthetic problems and psychological discomfort. But, most importantly, what are the dangerous papillomas on the neck, the risk of their injury or degeneration into an oncological tumor. This is especially true of hanging formations, which are extremely mobile, easily touch, pinched by accessories, collars and other details of clothing.
In the warm season, the open neck is irradiated with ultraviolet rays, sweats, provoking unwanted biochemical changes.
Important!Periodic irritation and mechanical stress lead to the fact that papillomas begin to ache, itch, become inflamed and come off, which can be complicated by subsequent secondary infection and serious dermatological problems.
How to remove papillomas on the neck
It is impossible to independently determine which of the growths are safe in terms of cancer, and which ones can become malignant and lead to cancer. For this reason, dermatologists advise, when they are found, go to the clinic, especially if there are a lot of papillomas on the neck.
A medical examination will help to confirm that the rashes are indeed papillomas, to identify the type of virus that has settled in the body and to exclude the possibility of malignant degeneration of the formations. Why hanging papillomas and other types of formations appear on the neck will help determine immunological studies, hormonal profile tests, and the identification of concomitant infectious diseases.
Whether it is necessary to remove papillomas depends on the clinical signs of the disease. If they are localized in places of contact with clothes, are prone to trauma, the answer is unambiguous - you need to get rid of.
Cancer-prone growths are removed in a clinical setting with subsequent cytological analysis of the material obtained. You should not be guided by unverified methods and recommendations, try to independently pluck interfering hanging papillomas.
Home treatment is only permitted with prior approval from a physician. Small immobile papillomas on the neck, whose size does not exceed 1 mm, and the condition is not cause for concern, it is often advised not to touch it. In these cases, systemic therapy is more successful.
It is possible to get rid of papillomas at home with the help of medications and folk remedies. The choice of how to treat them depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, the degree of distribution and the type of papillomatosis. Pharmaceutical preparations allow you to eliminate neoplasms quickly, but they require sufficient dexterity and skill. You may need someone else's help to use them.
Products based on medicinal plants, oils and other natural ingredients are safer, but the result will take a little longer.
Pharmaceutical preparations contain complexes of chemical substances on an alkaline or acid base, destroying tissues of papillomas - mummifying or cauterizing.
Important!Healthy skin near the formations can also be aggressively affected, so you need to take care of its protection. You can use a plaster or compression paper with cut holes, liberally lubricate the surface around the papillomas with fatty cream or petroleum jelly.
The period of necrotization of treated papillomas requires careful attention. You should not try to tear them off ahead of time, it takes some time for the regeneration of the underlying tissues.
It is necessary to protect the affected skin, refuse to wear necklaces or chains, rigid collars. It is not recommended to seal papillomas during the period of treatment with a plaster, this can cause an inflammatory reaction.
If papillomas on the neck are very small, topical antiviral drugs in the form of ointments, gels or creams can provide a therapeutic effect. With regular use, they contribute to destructive changes in existing growths and prevent the development of new ones.
Scars at the site of papilloma rejection should be protected from mechanical stress and the ingress of particles of cosmetics, try not to expose them to direct sunlight.
Removal with folk remedies
Medication is not suitable for everyone. Their use is prohibited for pregnant and lactating women, allergy sufferers, suffering from vascular and skin diseases, hypersensitivity to chemicals. In these cases, you can remove papillomas on the neck with folk remedies. Many of them contain alkalis and acids, but in lower concentrations. This avoids irritation and burns on the skin.
Treatment with folk remedies takes more time and diligence. Before using natural ingredients, as well as medications, it is necessary to be examined by a doctor.
Many medicinal plants are saturated with active substances that destroy papilloma cells and have an antiviral effect.
The most powerful ones are:
- Celandine. It is quite easy to get rid of papillomas on the neck at home with this herb. Treatment is most successfully carried out by lubricating the growths with fresh milky sap of the plant every day. The result comes quickly - in 5-7 days. You can make gruel from dried herbs by chopping it and mixing it with hot water. In this case, the agent is applied to the papillomas for several hours, securing the top with a bandage. Alcohol tincture of celandine also helps to reduce papillomas. She needs to moisten the growths, using similarly to medical solutions.
- Aloe Vera Juiceis a useful and safe remedy for removing papillomas on the delicate skin of the neck. The cut leaf must be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, peeled and firmly strengthened on the affected area. It is best to do this at night. After daily use for 10 days, papillomas will enter.
- Tea tree oil. This natural preparation is known for its antimicrobial properties. He also helps to fight papillomas. You can use only real oil without impurities and fragrances. You need to apply it drop by drop on each growth. Papillomas are naturally cauterized and disappear after 2 weeks.
- Castor (ricin) oil. The product is considered an unsurpassed remedy for skin problems of various kinds. This is due to its rich content of retinoic acid, which stimulates the death and exfoliation of old and diseased cells. Treatment of papillomas with castor oil can be carried out by liberally applying oil to the growths several times a day. Depending on the size, rejection occurs after 2-4 weeks of treatment. In the absence of allergies, the neck can be completely covered with a thin layer of oil, this will help prevent the growth of new formations.
- Laundry soap. From it you can make homemade ointment for papillomas on the neck. The chopped piece should be mixed with fresh onion or garlic juice until smooth and lubricated with the growths, covering with a bandage. Applications must be done at night for a week. Soaps are high in potassium and sodium, and onions and garlic have powerful antiviral properties.
Important!When removing papillomas on the neck, it is strongly not recommended to use a suture dressing. An accidental breakdown of part or all of the formation can provoke bleeding, the entry of pathogenic bacteria into the wound and the development of inflammation.
Home treatments should be abandoned if there is a tendency to form new papillomas, if growths appear not only on the neck, but also on other parts of the body.
Whichever method of removing papillomas on the neck is chosen, it must be remembered that the main treatment should be aimed at eliminating the causes that caused their growth. It is completely impossible to get rid of HPV, but it is quite possible to suppress its activity.
To do this, it is necessary to be attentive to the state of health: to give up any bad habits, to undergo a preventive medical examination in a timely manner, not to start infectious and inflammatory diseases, to replenish the deficiency of vitamins, to take immunomodulators.